Sunday, April 12, 2015

Moonshine and Popcorn Sutton (RIP) - Links, Movies, and Gravesite

“Jesus turned the water into wine, I turned it into likker.” – Popcorn Sutton

I am from the south, and I like moonshine, as long as it burns blue (orange means there is impurities from the distillation process). Around the Appalachian Mountains, the biggest name associated with moonshine is Popcorn Sutton. He was made famous by that silly reality TV show on Discovery about said product, but he was well know well before that. My pops has bought shine from him before and met him a time or two. He passed in 2009.  He was against paying taxes, but now they make shine with his recipe and namesake while paying the man in Newport TN.  His gravestone says it all!



There was a movie made about him called "This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I'll Ever Make" and I have embedded the whole thing below/after the jump.  There is also a new flick titled "Popcorn Sutton - A Hell of a Life" that came out in 2014, and the trailer for that is below.






No comments:

Post a Comment